Temple, TX asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, Federal Crimes and White Collar Crime for Texas

Q: How can I get a transcript of court proceedings in 1991 in Bell County Tx.? Also a copy of conviction in it's entirety i

1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen A. Nicholas
Stephen A. Nicholas
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: To obtain a transcript, contact the court reporter if the court in which the case was heard. That would be the starting point for the transcript. 31 years is a long time to retain a transcript, depending on the type of case & what happened in the case (appeals, etc.). A copy of the conviction, sounds like a request for the judgment & sentence or maybe the entire file of the Bell County District Clerk. A phone call to that office, if you have identifying information of the defendant, would be the starting point for what would be in the court's file. You can also make a Freedom of Information Act request to obtain whatever they have, if you have the identifying information. There might be a charge for the copying of either, certainly for the transcript, if avaliable. Best of luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.