Fort Worth, TX asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Personal Injury for Texas

Q: Appealing 2nd COA District CourtTX, personal injury, gross negligence, denied pro-bono, a free appeals form? FW, TX

drink can contained what I believe was a metal washer, object lodged way back in throat, swallowed it then it raped my throat causing severe sleep deprivation. Defendants have conceded the incident and damaged throat etc. Due to SSDeprivation missed a response. Many errors by court which is an anti-prose court. I am a global environmentalist if more is needed

Taking damages from 4.5M to 11M so I need to know what to file for this too. It's a great case and I was a legal specialist years ago. Conspiracy which I believe can be proven that crosses the legal line. Willing to do 2M of 11M and I do not lose.

1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Handling an appeal requires the services of a skilled attorney with experience in appellate law. It is not something most individuals are capable of handling pro se. There is not a "free form." You will be expected to fully comply with the Texas Rules of Appellate Procedure. You will be expected to file an appellate brief in proper with relevant authorities cited therein. You will be required to properly cite to the record every single fact upon which you rely to support your argument that the trial court erred in making its ruling. A typical appeal likely will cost $25,000-50,000; however, given the size of your damages if accurate, you may want to hire an appellate specialist and ask him/her to spend additional time researching and carefully crafting your appellate brief, so it might be worth it if it costs double the usual rate.

Given appellate deadlines, you should immediately interview and hire an attorney so your appeal is not dismissed because you miss a deadline.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.