Honolulu, HI asked in Divorce and Immigration Law for Hawaii

Q: My wife can't get a visa from the state department to return to me/USA. She is in the Philippines we need help advise,

We were married in Hawaii, she went back to her home and got stuck in the Philippines because of covid. Her visa was denied probably because I don't make enough money. I am on SSI. This has been a two year process and we only hear from visa agencies that we need to pay them a $1000.00 to get her visa. Do we divorce so she can come over or get an annulment, just seeking a solution.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL

A: If you are married to her, then you can apply for a spousal visa. If you do not make enough money to financially sponsor her, then you can enlist the aid of a joint financial sponsor. This can be anybody who is a green card holder or a US citizen state side, and if they make enough money, then your problems are solved. You should engage the services of counsel who can handle the case from point A to point Z.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.