Orlando, FL asked in Divorce for California

Q: I’m researching for a good friend -Jovita who is being pressured by her husband to sign divorce documents/agr

I’m researching for a good friend -Jovita who is being pressured by her husband to sign divorce documents/agreement without any attorneys involved.

My friend isn’t very sure how n what is all included in a divorce, she is a housewife and doesn’t make enough money to hire an attorney to represent her and help her. Her husband is the one who works.

Can you advise me on helping my friend through this? She is 6 months pregnant and having to deal with this stressful situation.

I wished there was something I could do.

Thank you


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tobie B. Waxman
Tobie B. Waxman
  • Culver City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: She can file a motion with the court for an order that her spouse help with her legal fees. Or she can use a joint credit card or bank account to pay the attorney’s retainer fee.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.