Jacksonville, FL asked in Civil Litigation and Contracts for Florida

Q: I am seeking information regarding home contractor I hired. He has taken money for remodeling job he didn't do.

I am 71 yes old and I need help getting contractor to finish the job or reimburse money. He.just keeps promising and never delivers. He has been at this since last March. Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you. Carol S

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael  Mayoral
Michael Mayoral
  • Coral Gables, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Hello Carol,

You should find all of the relevant documents and arrange for a consultation with an attorney who handles breach of contract cases, business litigation, and/or commercial litigation. Many law firms provide free consultations. You will need to present that contract to the attorney in order to find out your rights under the contract (whether you can sue or not and what you are entitled to). It is very difficult to provide an answer without reviewing the text of the contract.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.