Easley, SC asked in Landlord - Tenant and Personal Injury for South Carolina

Q: I and my husband 61 & 65 was evicted Friday (wrongfully). We were trying to get our thing but being seniors and disabled

we lost a lot. I forgot to get my medication I take daily for my health that my Dr prescribed, they will not let me in to get it. I have not had my medication since Friday, and I can feel myself slowly going downhill. My husband called, and they told him no, I could not get it. I just got a 90 refill filled, so my insurance will not pay again I will have to wait, but I don't believe I will make it 90 days. My Dr does not have samples to get me, though. Greenville County Police Officer called to tell them to give me my medication, but they will not answer. I have tried to reach their corporate office, but I can get no one to answer. Can they, by law, keep the medication for me that I need? My husband is recovering from pulmonary embolisms in both lungs and has Rheumoit Artiste Both my knees are bone on bone, and I can hardly walk, needing to be in the hospital having surgery. My Dr said I could do irreversible damage, and I believe I have. I was supposed to go to Steadman Hawkins.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A South Carolina attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for your ordeal. You could continue to await a response, but you describe a difficult situation with the deprivation of your medication, so another option could be to reach out to a landlord-tenant attorney and personal injury attorney to see if it's possible to set up a free initial consult. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.