Seffner, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: I on probation, I have employment in Fla, my probation ofc wants to call my work and it will cost my job. can she ?

Does she have that right? I'm supposed to obtain gainful employment and I have.... if she calls them it will cost my job... I work at a respectful country club

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard Louis Cagan
Leonard Louis Cagan
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Ocala, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Probation does have a right to verify your employment and place of work. Your attorney or you can file a motion with the court asking that an order be signed instructing the probation officer to verify employment via paystubs, etc. You can try speaking honestly with your probation officer to see if they will agree to do this without an order. Treat your officer with respect and they will hopefully treat you likewise. Also show them that you are serious about getting your conditions completed and will not need to be babied.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.