Seattle, WA asked in Criminal Law for Washington

Q: If I was charged with a class c felony as a minor can I purchase a firearm at 18? Or 21?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jason Powers
Jason Powers pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Mt Vernon, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: When you say charged, do you mean convicted? If you were convicted, then your right to possess a firearm is likely revoked. You would need to get your right bear arms reinstated. The good news is that you may get that right reinstated if you have been crime free for 5 years. You would need to petition the superior court of the county in which you live (if you reside in Washington) OR the county of the court where the conviction occurred.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.