Philadelphia, PA asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Kentucky

Q: Can employer add incidents on complaint to suspended me w/o pay for 4 days after proving initial susp letter false info?

My employer said they were going to suspend me without pay for 4 days bc I was a no call no show 3 times. I appealed and provided documentation that I had doctors excuse & called in (records from AT&T) On 2 of the dates. Now they have sent me info saying I was a no call no show on another date. I’m supposed to meet with my boss this morning in regards to the appeal. Can they legally keep Adding allegations to try to have enough documentation to suspend me when I have proven the first suspension letter to contain false info. It’s like they’re digging for a reason to get rid of me. What would you suggest I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: No. Should not be able to add incidents, especially where original incidents are proven unfounded. File a complaint with the Labor Board.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.