Brentwood, CA asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, DUI / DWI and Federal Crimes for California

Q: I had a police officer cover up a felony hit&run didn't write a report or file 1.. did not arrest or dui test person

Responsible for causing 2 people injuries & 15000 property damage. Dmv was never notified no charges on person responsible.. I requested a report to be filed twice and police denied me.. now I can't take person to ourt to fix my totaled truck... if the tables were turned I'd be in jail with a felony.. the police let this crime be swept under the rug and screwed me out of a truck.. all I want is my truck fixed and to let it be known these cops abuse their badge and authority way to much

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: you should contact a local PI lawyer to guide you.

your lawyer should press the police and DA to file if there is evidence.

obviously, if you had insurance you would put it through that carrier.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.