Rehoboth, MA asked in Child Custody, Family Law and Divorce for Massachusetts

Q: Followup on my previous question, regarding my daughter trying to get custody or more visitation time.

She was granted attorneys fees of $5,000, but husband refuses to pay, charged with contempt, got an extension to pay, contempt charges filed again, pending. He was supposed to pay her a min amount for reestablishment, refused. She only gets sons on weekend, agreement is she has to take them to sporting events. Schedule is impossible, 1 son had 4 tourneys in 1 weekend, times this by 3 more boys. Her whole visitation is in the car or on sport fields. Husband is the coach, so he is always present. She and partner work full time, and they make 1/16th of his salary, but he sends her bills, the 50/50 for kids, she struggles to pay rent. Boys live w/him & his partner in house owned by his mother, in a trust, because that is school base. His money in shared account w/mother, always. He is corporate accountant but didn't pay taxes since separated to make wife responsible for 1/2 of taxes. He cashed out 401k & annuity, none to my daughter/wife. His mother clerk of courts retired.

1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: She needs to continue to pursue the Contempt and sounds like there are more issues where a Contempt may lie, so try to obtain counsel!!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.