Cleveland, OH asked in Bankruptcy, Civil Litigation, Collections and Foreclosure for Ohio

Q: My mother-in-law was served papers recently. In them she is marked as a judgment creditor. What does this mean?

The case seems to be a default on a property owned by someone possibly attach to her we are unsure on what the complaint in the case is but they have her marked as a judgment creditor in the concerned parties information.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Ohio attorney could advise best, but it looks like your question was overlooked under the general Uncategorized heading. You could try reposting under Collections, Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, and Civil Litigation. This looks like something for attorneys who practice in one of those areas. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.