Queens, NY asked in Criminal Law, Real Estate Law and Civil Litigation for North Carolina

Q: what steps can I take to obtain money that is due to me and fully gain ownership of the house completely?

I co-owned a house and property with my older sister since 2013. She has kept all the rent money for 8yrs, then she has sold 50% of the property behind my back on April 21, 2021 to her friend and didn't tell me until 8 months later. Her friend is committing larceny as well. I recently found out the house I co-own has been on section 8 without me knowing. Now the new co-owner wants me to buy them out but they owe me money.

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN

A: You probably need to hire an attorney to file an action for a Sale For Partition.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.