Orlando, FL asked in Criminal Law and Landlord - Tenant for Florida

Q: Can I get in trouble?

If I live in a home where I rent a room and I suspect that the other tenants are making illegal substance and dealing in stolen bicycles what can I do? I can't afford to move and I don't want to get anyone angry at me either.please help

1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: As the saying goes, "You can't have your cake and eat it too". Either move, get the other tenants angry at you (by reporting them), or risk get in trouble with the law. If the authorities find out about the illegal activity conducted in the home, you will probably be accused of being a part of it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.