Q: I wasCharged in '16 w/ felony of knowingly concealing stolen property amount of 500.00$ but it was just changed to1,000

Can I possibly be retried or have a modification to my sentence

1 Lawyer Answer
David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You are likely eligible for an expungement of all records of the offense (because of a change in law to make those convicted of a felony that has been reclassified as a misdemeanor eligible much sooner than others convicted of a felony). Unfortunately, you will still have to obtain a pardon first in order to have your gun rights restored (if that is important to you). Unfortunately, the Legislature did not provide an avenue to have your sentence modified or vacated (and subject to being retried). I recommend you contact an expungement and/or pardon attorney to see about your options moving forward.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.