Mason, OH asked in Consumer Law and Construction Law for Ohio

Q: Hired contractor to "raise and level house" Fix failed two months after paid in full (20K). What recourse do i have?

I filed a complaint with BBB and have all documentation, including contractor's acknowledgement of failed fix. What are my next steps?

1 Lawyer Answer
Nicholas P. Weiss
Nicholas P. Weiss pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: If you are in a municipality that requires a contractor bond, then you can make a claim on the bond for the work that is not up to code up to the value of the bond. Otherwise you will have to bring a lawsuit against the contractor. It is likely that you would have a claim under the Consumer Sales Practices Act which could get you up to three times the amount required to repair the work.


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.