Jacksonville, FL asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Support and Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: Hi, I suspect my children's father has another child back in Georgia. How do I go about finding out?

2 previous restraining orders against him.

He left Georgia at 14 to come to FL. After 1st restraining order, my son was 8 months old and I received a letter stating that they have been looking for him for over 3 years. Indicating to me he possibly has a child back in Georgia that he fleed and neglected. It will help my current case at proving he's dangerous and neglectful.

1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Apparently, you are seeking another restraining order. You could ask the person who sent you the letter for more information. But chances are that such information would be irrelevant with respect to your current application and/or would be inadmissible as hearsay.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.