Conroe, TX asked in Family Law, Domestic Violence and Landlord - Tenant for Texas

Q: Need help and assistance from lawyer legally help me to have my son abide by the house rules or move out of the house

i have a 18 yr old son who has been very disrespectful, abusive and threatening to me and my wife with bad behaviour. He doesnt want to follow any house rules. Have dropped out of the college, being out whole night, comes back in the morning and sleeps whole day. When we ask him to change is behavior or leave the house for good he says he will not. He is basically a bully and a threat. I need help from lawyer to send him legal notice to follow house rules/contract including change is behavior to live in the house or he will be evacuated. He works part time but he cant afford to live by himself. The legal action and warning might help him bring back to the track. If it diesnt he needs to leave. I can share more details afterwards. I live with my family and 3 children in Katy TX.

1 Lawyer Answer
Rafee'a S. Majeed
Rafee'a S. Majeed
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Unfortunately, there is not a court with jurisdiction over an 18-year-old adult. This is not an issue that can be resolved within the legal system (nor should you want it to). If he doesn't want to abide by the house rules, then he should no longer be allowed to live in the house.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.