Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for South Carolina

Q: I had a insurance policy on my ex husband for 50,000 it was a family policy thou . he was n car accident n passed away

Liberty life was ins company the ins man was out at my house 4 days later with a check. For. 50,000For me .n had me sign a paper. it was suppose to double cause of a accident. He aurged with me. That it wasnt a family policy. It was thou . i wrote letters to main office to the chief supervisor n never heard anything back.. How r they allowed to do people like that. Is ther anything i can do about it? What might my rights be on this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Roy Willey
Roy Willey
  • Insurance Claims Lawyer
  • Charleston, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: If your coverage applied for the underlying policy, it is likely that it applied for all provisions not just some. However, you need to have an attorney review the full policy, and any correspondence from the insurance company.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.