Palmdale, CA asked in Elder Law, Estate Planning and Health Care Law for California

Q: I am 80 yrs old and without friends, family, or church to see to my last wishes when the time comes. Do lawyers do that?

No doctor either. I"m with Kaiser Permanente and their doctors don't keep track of what patients they have. I have a will but no one to carry out any end of life wishes.

2 Lawyer Answers
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A California attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. Yes, lawyers do handle such matters. Your question probably went unnoticed in the general Uncategorized heading. There are lawyers who work with living wills, DNRs, and related issues. You could repost your question and add the categories Health Care Law, Elder Law, and Estate Planning - this is an area they are likely to know about. Another option is to reach out to attorneys to try to set up a quick, free initial consult to steer you in the right direction for your needs. Good luck

Joshua D. Brysk agrees with this answer

Joshua D. Brysk
Joshua D. Brysk pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Pleasanton, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Yes, a California lawyer could help. You might also get help from certain organizations or social workers. The form you will need to complete is an Advance Health Care Directive and a statutory one can be found here:

You will want to select an agent to carry out your wishes.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.