Oklahoma City, OK asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: If supervision fees are waived why are 991 fees still being required?

It's not for a bogus check, education or drug court.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: In Tulsa County, and in many other counties, a $40 per month probation “supervision fee” will be charged by the supervising entity that is in addition to any fees owed to the cost administrator on a payment plan for “fines and costs.”

Often times if you have completed most of your probationary obligations BEFORE your plea and embarking on probation the State agree to an “unsupervised probation,” but still require you to complete a 991 form and you will still be paying $40 a month to repay the “cost of prosecution” for your alleged crime. It’s a pretty great trade off when you consider you’re not being supervised while negotiating probation in many instances.

David A. Cincotta agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.