Puyallup, WA asked in Immigration Law for Washington

Q: I am an Immigrant crossed US border through Mexico. I need to apply for ITIN. What documents do I need ?

I am an Immigrant from Moldova eastern Europe,crossed US border in July through Mexico. Was released under bond having court on August . now I want to apply for ITIN form what documents do I need and what means certified copy of passport,where can I get it?

Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cesar Mejia Duenas
Cesar Mejia Duenas
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Miami, FL

A: Hi, you may want to do this with a Certified Public Accountant. You do not need a "certified copy" of your passport, just a regular legible copy. There are other documents you may provide to prove your identity as indicated by the IRS in their website (https://www.irs.gov/individuals/revised-application-standards-for-itins).

Since you mentioned you are currently in removal proceedings please retain an immigration attorney for your case. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.