Parkersburg, WV asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Ohio

Q: I am trying to sue the county prosecutor office. I was told to amend my complaint? How do I amend my complaint?

Who do I list as the defendant? If the county Departm is who I going after

1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You amend a complaint by filing a new document titled Amended Complaint with the changes you are making. If suing the prosecutor, one would generally sue the elected individual in their representative capacity, and if alleging malicious wrongdoing, in their personal capacity as well, along with any other officials or agencies involved. Without knowing exactly what happened and who was involved, we cannot be much more specific.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.