Hollister, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: Can I contest my 14 year old son 602a, probation petition

Probation submitted a 602a petition with false information

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: not sure what you want to do.

however, either you retain private counsel or a lawyer will be appt.

s/he is the person that will have all the info to guide you.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith PRO label
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Yes, you have the right to contest a 602a petition filed against your son if you believe that the information in the petition is false. You may want to consult with an attorney who is experienced in juvenile law to assist you in contesting the petition. The attorney can review the facts of the case, investigate the information in the petition, and prepare a defense strategy for your son. It is important to act quickly and take legal action as soon as possible to protect your son's rights and interests.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.