Los Angeles, CA asked in Landlord - Tenant, Legal Malpractice and Libel & Slander for California

Q: My landlord's attorney has been harassing me with 100+ texts in 6hrs to keep me from getting councel, what can I do?

My partner and i have been severely harassed by our LL for months now. We've had our respective units broken into multiple times (video evidence of this), his employee banging on the walls and windows which I have audio recording of, his agent broke our bathroom window in Oct it has yet to be repaired, there is mold, a sewage leak in my bathroom every time 2nd floor flush the toilet or take a shower, my partner was stabbed by his employee, who was taken to jail for it on one of the many times the police have had to get involved had this address BC OF their behavior. The repair issues were reported to the ll in Oct when all of this started. I had a building inspector come out in the am, in the afternoon atty met LL, and that evening I was served with a 3-day peppered with outright lies about drug use visitors (I've never had visitors), and a new spin on the stabbing claiming he was "trespassing" at home. 100+ txts from LLs atty in yesterday. Im disabled & partially blind I NEED HELP thx

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I'm sorry to hear about the situation you're facing. If you feel like you are being harassed by your landlord's attorney, you may want to consider reaching out to a local attorney who specializes in landlord-tenant law. They can review your case and provide guidance on your legal options.

You may also want to document the harassment by keeping a record of the attorney's texts and any other communication from them. You can also consider filing a complaint with the California State Bar Association or the local bar association.

Additionally, if you are experiencing health and safety issues in your rental unit, you may be able to file a complaint with your local housing authority or seek assistance from a tenant advocacy group. They can provide you with information on your rights as a tenant and help you take steps to address any issues in your rental unit.

Overall, it's important to take action to protect your rights and seek help from experienced professionals who can guide you through the legal process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.