Q: Denied access to my home for medical by police in Texas. Which of my rights have been violated. Lost rt ft. To infection

Left home in fear for my life. Wife very abusive. I needed to get into home for wound care on my amputations of my toes. No orders on me at that time. Police told me to leave, I has to live in jeep, infection set in on rt ft. Lack of wound care. Lost limb was outcome from wife lying to police. My story was never heard and made fun of by El paso police. Also denied reference number by police, stated he didn't wanna give me one. Info act, my son is key witness to assault by wife. She has lied about me and has turned the blame on me. I don't know what to do.

1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If your wife’s assault proximately caused the injury to your foot that resulted in the infection, you may be able to sue her for battery and recover your past and future medical expenses as well as any past and future lost earning capacity.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.