Tampa, FL asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Florida

Q: I've been residing at a hotel for over 45 days, locked out several times. Any protection on my behalf from police

Hotel deployable, needs code enforcement. No water after midnight, living with rats and roaches. Smoke alarm in all rooms don't work, most ac units are busted from outside the rooms. Locks on doors are being held up with scotch tape, not secured

Families are living here, including me that have no where else to go, boarder line HOMELESS

What are we supposed to do ..they keep raising the room rates but room conditions are TERRIBLE

1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard Louis Cagan
Leonard Louis Cagan
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Ocala, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Unlikely that this is a criminal matter. I would suggest contacting code enforcement department in the county where the facility is. They may need a complaint in order to investigate. I hope this helps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.