Mulberry, FL asked in Land Use & Zoning, Libel & Slander, Real Estate Law and Tax Law for Florida

Q: Can I do a counter claim against the personal rep over a Estate ?

My Aunt ( Linda ) passed away with NO kids or husband, her mother was alive (at the time) Linda, had no Will, in Polk County. Therefore I was told this estate rolled into my grandmothers Estate ( Marcele ) in Hillsbrough County. My Uncle ( Joseph ) told me that I did not have to worry that all I needed to do was pay the Land Taxes and I won't have a problem losing my home. However, the person that claimed in Hillsborough County over my grandma was omitted from the Will that I have a copy of and filed it as Intestate anyways, any advice?

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: The advice that you need is obtained by scheduling a consultation with a probate attorney. If you have inheritance rights that are being disregarded, you may contest the probate case. Act quickly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.