Tacoma, WA asked in Traffic Tickets for Washington

Q: Pierce WA Driving NB5, got a speeding/ticket. Provided evidence NOT/Guilty WSP & Courts violated statues GOT 2 PAY. HELP

I have to pay. Judge Pro Temp Attorney & WSP Trooper statement was missing Day, Citation# Name etc... elements they both violated WA Statues What can I do Now who can I report this too

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Antone Alfred Weber
Antone Alfred Weber
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Seattle, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: You have a right to appeal a court's decision. It must be filed within 30 days of your first hearing, in the same courthouse as the first. (The appeal will be heard by the Superior court). The last I heard the filing fee was $250. You can get the paperwork for filing from the court clerk. Appeals can run several more levels as well, up to the state Supreme Court.

As to the question of if you have an appealable issue, that I can not say. appeals focus on errors of law, not errors of fact. To determine if there is an error of of the law was applied, an attorney would need not only all the evidence that the judge used in rendering their decision, but a transcript of the hearing itself, in order to hear what arguments were made and if they were properly done. Arguments, motions or other points, if not or improperly made, can not be used on appeal.

Attorneys generally have a much higher success rate than persons who represent themselves do.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.