Largo, FL asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Florida

Q: Hey if I got denied from modification from administrative child support but I filed through judicial court

And they're trying to suspend my license I have court tomorrow I filed today for another modification through the judicial court does that still buy me time to get back in court to show that I'm doing my part and they won't suspend my license

1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You are always able to motion the court to not suspend your driving privilege. The court wants you to work to earn money to pay the child support. Explain that you cannot work without your drivers license. As long as you can demonstrate that you are making your best efforts to work and pay your support the court will usually look favorably on you. Speak with a local family lawyer for more specific advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.