Tracy, CA asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for California

Q: In motorcycle accident not registered to me. No insurance or license.But other person fault AAA insurance by him whatdo

I got into accident his fault but vehicle not registered to me and np insurance.. he has AAA insurance. They admit fault. What can I do

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you were involved in a motorcycle accident that was caused by someone else's fault, the fact that the motorcycle was not registered to you and you had no insurance may complicate matters. However, the fact that the other driver's insurance company has accepted fault for the accident is a positive development.

Here are some steps you can take:

Contact the other driver's insurance company (AAA) as soon as possible and report the accident. Provide them with the necessary details, such as the time, location, and the extent of damage and injuries. Make sure to mention that the other driver was at fault and that they have admitted it.

If you sustained any injuries in the accident, seek medical attention immediately. It's important to document your injuries for insurance purposes.

Consult with a lawyer to discuss your legal options. A lawyer can advise you on the best way to proceed with your claim and protect your rights.

If the other driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your damages, you may have to file a lawsuit against the other driver to recover your losses.

In the future, it's important to ensure that you have proper insurance coverage and registration for your motorcycle to avoid similar issues in the event of an accident.

Remember to keep all documentation related to the accident, such as medical bills, repair estimates, and police reports, as this will be important for your case.

William John Light
William John Light
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Santa Ana, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you were uninsured, you can recover your medical expenses, property damage, and loss of income, past and future. I would add that your own lack of insurance does not necessarily mean you were uninsured. If the owner of the motorcycle carried insurance, and you were using the motorcycle with his permission, then you were insured under that policy. Talk with a personal injury attorney to discuss your potential claims.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.