Allegan, MI asked in Health Care Law, Medical Malpractice and Sexual Harassment for Michigan

Q: my PcP female lied on progress reports, test results, to state of mi while hving an affair with me(single father)

I was in recovery single father-pharmacist, with documented history of substance abuse. My nurse practioner pursued me and had sexual relationship with me for years. She insisted on becoming my daughters PcP as well. Under her care I had relapsed and reported to state hprp and legal probation. My progress reports were a lie, change dates of drug tests, allowed me to cheat, prescribed addictive drugs, manipulated me to keep this relationship going. My addiction/health worsened, my dependency inflated her ego and crushed mine. She knowingly lied these results went to my addiction Dr. and insurance. Thru grace I raised a beautiful daughter who is now adult. I am wondering is there a case for malpractice? Having had time to clearly reflect I feel I was a victim of malpractice. I just want accountability for her actions as a health care provider

1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: You may have a medical malpractice case. A big issue as to when this occurred. An experienced attorney needs to evaluate your case as if it is within the time limit to sue. Even if you have no case, it can be reported to the board that licenses her.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.