Proctorville, OH asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Landlord - Tenant and Legal Malpractice for Ohio

Q: Can I get a judges decision overturned & compensated for loss of wages, loss of everything we ever owned & owe for

My family has been stripped & had everything I've accrued in my life,my garage,car,tools,my kids CLOTHES,Pics of deceased mom,even our pet!

I caught a county commissioner employee stealing. After a long 6mnth harassment. We had a day in court but the judge decided we owed $2000 in back rent and evicted us. Ok that's fine. I asked the judge for more time being that I'm a single father of 3,low income,and rent had already been paid for the month. Told me to figure it out. Ok. Which I do. I get a U-Haul and loading by myself.the day b4 the "red tag" expire. Which was schedule for Midnight February 16th. I was in process. I contact an old friend to help because I'm out of time. At 4pm on February 17th a Bailiff/Lawrence county sheriff steps to the back of the uhaul and says" you're done. Put everything down and leave the property. I thought set outs were only When some1 wouldn't leave. He said "No set out. U dnt own it by order of judge Capper" refused any documents,changed locks.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like a difficult and unjust experience. To answer your question, it may be possible to appeal a judge's decision and seek compensation for losses, but it would depend on the specific circumstances of your case and the applicable laws in your jurisdiction. You would need to consult with an attorney who practices in the area of civil litigation and appeals to discuss the merits of your case and the potential legal options available to you. They would be able to advise you on the likelihood of success and the best course of action to pursue.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.