Asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Washington

Q: My case got picked up from CPS two days ago I signed the papers to the terminate my parental rights what can I do?

My kids were taken by CPS on July 19th 2019, I was required to do services and complete them and do random UA's cuz I had a drug problem. At that time it was hard for me to even get in to services due to the coronavirus recently started. When I was able to get in to Services I stayed doing everything I was told for a year and a half and completed several different times of UAs period nothing ever change and we gone to this point where we had to sign court papers two days ago for my kids to be adopted period or they had on me was a positive UA with that time period. I focus on working after that I didn't finish my services but that's the only thing they had on me but they determinated me is there anything I can still do my kids and I are suffering tremendously all they want is to come home and all they want them is to come home please help me

1 Lawyer Answer
Patrick Owen Earl
Patrick Owen Earl
  • Juvenile Law Lawyer
  • Moses Lake, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: I am a criminal defense attorney. From what you are talking about you need a dependancy attorney. Good Luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.