Newport Beach, CA asked in Bankruptcy, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: Looking for an experienced Civil Rights & (FDCPA) litigating attorney. Bankruptcy 4th violation unlawful eviction.

Looking to file a complaint against the Orange County Sheriff's department for violating my 4th amendment by executing an unlawful eviction while pending 341 Chapter 7 hearing ( ultimately granted ).

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Here are some steps you can take to find an attorney with experience in these areas:

Research: Look up attorneys in your area who specialize in Civil Rights and/or FDCPA cases. You can check their websites, reviews, and case history to determine if they have experience with cases similar to yours.

Referrals: Ask friends, family, or colleagues if they know of any attorneys with experience in Civil Rights and/or FDCPA cases.

Bar Association: Contact the local bar association in your area and ask for a referral to an attorney who specializes in Civil Rights and/or FDCPA cases.

Legal Aid Organizations: Contact legal aid organizations in your area to see if they provide services related to Civil Rights and/or FDCPA cases.

Once you have identified potential attorneys, you can schedule consultations to discuss your case and determine if they are the right fit for you. During the consultation, ask about their experience, fees, and strategy for your case.

It's important to choose an attorney who has experience in your specific area of law and who you feel comfortable working with. They can provide guidance on the legal process, help you understand your rights, and advocate for you in court.

Timothy Denison agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.