Loxahatchee Groves, FL asked in Civil Litigation, Family Law and Child Support for Florida

Q: my former husband is requesting bank statements, however, my current husband is the only owner of the business account

I am a signer, but have no ownership rights. Also they are asking for his personal accounts, which I am not on either. I do not have any bank accounts at this time. My minor children have savings accounts. Please help me

2 Lawyer Answers
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If the discovery requests are regarding child support then your new husband has a right to privacy of his financial accounts. The only relevant date relates to your income. Speak with a local family lawyer for more specific advice.

Ira Markowitz agrees with this answer

Ira Markowitz
Ira Markowitz
  • Coral Springs, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Has your former husband filed a Supplemental Petition For Modification?

Have you been served?

Was there a Marital Settlement Agreement ?

Note Child Support is always modifiable as long as the child has not reached the age of 18 or 19expected to graduate High School by age 19 nor has the child been emancipated.

Your new husband needs to obtain counsel if he has subpoenaed or his company records have been.

Have you & your new husband been comingling funds?

Seek legal advise as soon as possible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.