Palmdale, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: Who can contact to have a court case file investigated for illegal actions made in court?

I want to have a legal expert to go over a previous DCFS case from 2018 to investigate illegal actions made by dcfs and the courts. One example there is physical evidence just accusations and the so called witnesses all have same statement word for word they lied and changed the sheriff's state the same as everyone else etc..

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you believe that there were illegal actions made by DCFS and the court in a previous case, you may want to consider contacting an attorney who specializes in family law and has experience with challenging DCFS cases.

One option is to contact the California State Bar Association's lawyer referral service, which can provide you with a list of qualified attorneys in your area who may be able to help. You can reach them by calling (866) 442-2529 or visiting their website at

You may also want to contact the local bar association in your county to see if they can provide a referral to an attorney who has experience with DCFS cases.

Additionally, you may want to file a complaint with the California Department of Social Services, which oversees DCFS. They have a complaint process for individuals who feel that they have been treated unfairly by a DCFS worker or office. You can find more information about the complaint process on their website at

It's important to note that challenging a DCFS case can be a complex and time-consuming process. An experienced attorney can help you understand your legal options and guide you through the process of seeking justice for any illegal actions that may have occurred.

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: if you had a court case, the person to ask, who has all the info, is your lawyer.

if you don't have a lawyer, set up a consultation with a local lawyer who practices in this area.

you might try to contact legal aid if you can't afford a lawyer.

you might consider complaining to the Ca Dept of Social Services too.

the odds are that unless you have a criminal case, it will be difficult to find a good lawyer who will take the case pro bono and you will be left to find the assets to retain a lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.