Roanoke, TX asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Texas

Q: Driver that hit us insurance company is paying all but $500 of a $35000 claim and want us-not atfault to pay diff-Legal?

We have a range rover and only 2 places are certified to fix it which means only Land Rover will sell parts to them- we went where the other guys insurance told us to go and after 8 weeks of trying to get an authorization they are refusing to pay the entire thing. Leaving our car hostage over $500- we should not have to pay for an accident that is there fault. What do we do? Fix it and sue the driver? Sue the insurance company? They will as of now have our car 1/2 a year if they start next week. Seems wrong to have to pay anything to fix our car.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can recover loss of use, which is how much it would take to rent a similar Land Rover from the date of the accident to the date repairs are complete

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.