Texas Insurance Bad Faith Questions & Answers

Q: officer gave me the insurance information of the at fault driver who was driving someone else insured vehicle.

2 Answers | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Answered on Jan 23, 2019
Rahlita D. Thornton's answer
We assist injured victims in accident cases. Depending on your injuries it is possible that both companies could be liable to pay for your damages. 888-3434LAW or 888-343-4529.

Q: Can the liable party of an accident personally close a claim made on them after they are found liable?

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Answered on Jan 17, 2019
Rahlita D. Thornton's answer
You can still submit your damages to his or her insurance company for direct payment. There may be supplemental repairs to your vehicle so it is best to let the insurance company deal with it. Sometimes, these repairs are really costly and some damages are not seen until they begin repairing it. Good luck.

Q: Liberty Mutual Insurance just totaled my vehicle, but I believe my car is worth more. What can I do?

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Answered on Dec 4, 2018
Rahlita D. Thornton's answer
If you believe that your vehicle is worth more then we would negotiate for the higher amount. We would do our own evaluation with your input. First, make sure that you have exhausted all options. We represent those who are injured and have for many years so if you have any more questions please give us a call at 888-343-4529 #1

888-343-4LAW #1

Q: Allstate sold me a product they does not carry.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Answered on Nov 14, 2018
Timur Akpinar's answer
I do not practice in Texas but your question remains open for three weeks. An experienced attorney familiar with insurance law (including underwriting issues) should be able to provide guidance.

Tim Akpinar

Q: I have full coverage insurance and had an accident only involving my car,my insurance said they are not liable

2 Answers | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for Texas on
Answered on Jul 27, 2018
Reid Adam Winthrop's answer
If you have liability only insurance, then you are likely not covered for any damage or harm to you or the passengers of your vehicle. You should review your policy to determine the coverages.

Q: Insurance company is refusing to pay my father's life-time settlement agreement for 4yr now which is to pay 15k/yr

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation and Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Answered on Jun 6, 2018
S. Michael Graham's answer
You can contact an attorney of your choice or else you are free to contact my office.

An attorney will need to review the file and paperwork to determine what benefits are due and owing. My website is www.onthejobinjury.info. Ph. 214-358-6060

Q: the insurance compay says we changed it to (um) personal injury from property.and it was changed (signed) via computer.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Answered on Apr 2, 2018
Christian Lassen's answer
Then get a copy of the policy to check which it is.

Q: our truck was wrecked.we had uninssured motorist.our insurance says they changed it(per our request)we did not.what can

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Answered on Apr 2, 2018
Steven Pate Harrelson's answer
Texas law requires that any rejection of Uninsured Motorist (UM) coverage be in writing. Have your agent show you the writing where it was waived/rejected.

Q: What will happen to my claim if the excluded driver on my policy was driving. Other car was at fault.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Answered on Feb 26, 2018
Peter Munsing's answer
you file a claim for the damage to your car with the at fault driver's policy. Don't get into all the back and forth about who was and wasn't driving.

The driver has a claim for their injuries which they need to see a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Assn for--they give free consults.

Q: What are the statue of limitations in Texas for no insurance on a vehicle

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets and Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Answered on Feb 6, 2018
Grant St Julian III's answer
The statute of limitations is tolled once the charging instrument is filed with the court. The statute is 2 years for misdemeanor cases in Texas, but once the case is filed with the Court, the statute of limitations no longer is an issue. For a 2002 case, however, they may be other issues you can present in Court, but the warrant must be removed before a court date can be scheduled. Contact an attorney in the city where the warrant is pending.

Q: Son got in a car accident 2 days after we bought the vehicle and is not insured

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for Texas on
Answered on Dec 29, 2017
Steven Pate Harrelson's answer
You should check your insurance policy to determine whether he was an excluded driver. It's possible that your insurance will still cover the accident, depending on the insurer. However, it's likely that there's an exclusion for allowing someone to drive the car who is not a licensed driver. Secondly, you should be concerned about a potential lawsuit against you for negligent entrustment, which is a cause of action in Texas. You should contact your insurer ASAP to notify them of this claim...

Q: How do you deal with an insurance adjuster who is low-balling his estimate of the value of your car?

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Answered on Nov 11, 2017
Peter Munsing's answer
Understand the playing field. It's not the Kelly blue book but the NADA blue book that matters (or the McClean Hunter Market report called the red book). Value is what sons car would be worth the minute before the crash. Look on cars.com and you'll get a better idea--use a 450 mile radius and look for dealers, not the Craigs list Charlenes of the used car world.

Unless you wan to hire an appraiser you are a bit stuck. If you have collision on it go through that.

If you don't...

Q: Does insurance cover storage fees when car accident is not my fault ?

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Answered on Mar 9, 2017
Matthew Zarghouni's answer
When you say storage fees are you referring to a storage lot? The simple answer is yes, the insurance company for the person at fault should pay for storage fees. It is best to contact them quickly to seek proper course of action because storage fees add up very fast. You will likely have to pay the fees and submit to insurance company for reimbursement.

Q: Can I get insurance to pay me for their customer fault on a accident after a judgement?

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Answered on Oct 13, 2016
Peter Munsing's answer
Congratulations on your award. You can do that. However if you were hurt you may want to talk to an injury attorney first as there may be issues created by a property only judgment. Call the attorney now before the time to appeal the judgment to the court of general jurisdiction is passed; don't call the insurance until it's passed though.

Q: Not sure if I can sue or if it worth it. Got bad diesel from a station. Cost $8700 to fix. documented it was bad fuel.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith, Consumer Law, Products Liability and Energy, Oil and Gas for Texas on
Answered on Aug 30, 2016
Peter Munsing's answer
Send the claim to the station with a copy, and ask them to forward the copy to their carrier. If they are a franchise (shell, Exxon, BP etc) send a claim to corporate. That doesn't get a response file a small claims case. Most attorneys would say this is the one time we say may as well do it yourself , but get a consult from a consumer attorney. Go to www.naca.net

Q: I was injured in 2014, qualified for SSDI and my LTD insurance cut me off in April 2016. What recourse do I have?

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Insurance Bad Faith, Social Security and Workers' Compensation for Texas on
Answered on Aug 23, 2016
Peter Munsing's answer
You have to appeal the Long term Disabiltiy cut off. Not sure why medicare isn't covering you--a good Medicare B would mean no deductibles. As to your auto, check and make sure that when you bought it you didn't purchase disability coverage. Even if you are sure you didn't, it sometimes happens you did.Talk to a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Assn who handles long term care insurance issues.

Q: My car got hit in the back got her insurance no police report insurance denied the payment I call her she don't answer

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith and Car Accidents for Texas on
Answered on Aug 19, 2016
Peter Munsing's answer
If you have collision let them deal with it; if not, send her the estimate with a letter stating that her insurance says she didn't pay and it cancelled, that if she doesn't pay or respond you will ask the DMV to suspend her license and report her as not having insurance to the police.If you were hurt you may have uninsured motorist coverage--contact a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Assn--they give free consults.

Q: We sell a pc land in refugio county, tx, are unable to get a title policy due to missing chain of title. what can I do ?

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Answered on Feb 26, 2014
Edward J. Kazaleh's answer
It may also be possible to establish ownership by adverse possession or file a lawsuit to clear up title. It really depends how large or valuable the land is? I'd like to look into it for you with a no obligation free evaluation. Maybe we could work something out. Please send me specifics by email or mail.

Edward Kazaleh

-- EMAIL: propertylawyer@live.com

---- WEBSTITE: www.bizlaw.pro

Q: My health insurance was canceled because bank didnt make the payment.

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Texas on
Answered on Sep 30, 2011
Mark Steven Humphreys' answer
This does not appear to be insurance bad faith law. You may have a claim against your bank depending on exactly what happened. Many more details are needed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.