Annandale, VA asked in Consumer Law for Virginia

Q: i been out of country and did not received the summons and court order judgment against me for the credit card payments

should i file motion and ask the court to set aside the case ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maria T Patente
Maria T Patente pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Manassas, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: If the Court Order occurred within 30 days, you may be able successfully motion the Court to re-open the case or re-try the case. If the Court Order occurred within the past 10 days, you could appeal to the Order to the Circuit Court. If you were in the military, you may be able to obtain relief under the Civil Service Members Relief Act.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.