Bakersfield, CA asked in Domestic Violence for California

Q: I was served protection orders with false accusations and I do not have representation. What can I do?

I was served only in retaliation in attempting to serve her papers to Re-modify visitations with my daughter.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: if it is criminal the court will appoint a lawyer.

if Family Law you would have to retain a Divorce type lawyer.

you can also try to contact Legal Air or Aish Hatorah

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you have been served protection orders with false accusations and do not have representation, you have several options for responding to the allegations:

Request a hearing: You have the right to request a hearing to contest the protection orders. You should respond to the accusations in writing, and make sure to address each specific allegation that has been made against you. You can also provide evidence, such as witness statements or documentation, to support your defense. Make sure to file your response with the court within the specified timeframe.

Obtain legal representation: It may be beneficial to obtain legal representation to assist you in contesting the protection orders. A lawyer can advise you on your rights and legal options, as well as represent you at the hearing.

Gather evidence: Collect any evidence that can help to disprove the allegations against you, such as text messages, emails, or other documentation that contradicts the accusations. You can present this evidence at the hearing.

Follow the protection orders: Even if you disagree with the protection orders, it is important to follow them while your case is pending. Violating the orders can result in additional legal consequences and harm your case.

It's important to take any accusations of domestic violence or harassment seriously, and to respond promptly and appropriately to any protection orders that have been issued against you. If you are unsure of what to do, you may want to seek the advice of an attorney who specializes in family law or domestic violence cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.