Los Angeles, CA asked in Personal Injury, Contracts and Legal Malpractice for California

Q: Personal injury attorney wanted me to accept an offer based on incorrect and missing records. I refused the offer

Repeatedly, he said my case a little or no value without me having surgery, he would not reply to emails. I discovered, he never requested the documents from my dentist.

He was aware that I still have no teeth which to chew with because after 37 visits, the dds never managed to get the denture to fit.

$ 17000 I’m out of pocket.

3 Lawyer Answers
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: no lawyer can intelligently evaluate your case with little information.

you should contact another lawyer to sub in. You can inquire of LOCAL lawyers on this site.

If the case has any value the 2 lawyers would share the fee.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Legal Malpractice Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It sounds like you are in a difficult situation. If you feel like your personal injury attorney is not communicating with you effectively or is not pursuing your case in a way that you feel is appropriate, you may want to consider seeking a second opinion or finding a new attorney.

It is also important to make sure that you have all of the necessary documentation and evidence to support your case. If your attorney has not requested important documents from your dentist, you should bring this to their attention and insist that they do so.

Ultimately, the decision to accept or reject a settlement offer is up to you. If you feel that the offer is inadequate or does not fully compensate you for your losses, you have the right to refuse it and continue pursuing your case.

If you decide to seek a second opinion or find a new attorney, make sure to do your research and find someone who has experience and a good track record in handling personal injury cases similar to yours. Good luck!

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: It's difficult for anyone here to meaningfully offer guidance without seeing the file. However, in terms of your central issue, you do have the right to see all records in making your decision about settlement. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.