Florence, AL asked in Consumer Law for Alabama

Q: Can I sue Frito Lay for giving me more bags of a certain chip than advertised on the box because I barely had the others

I bought a 50 count box of chips from Walmart, in the box showed that there were more cheetos that advertised. I personally don’t like cheetos so the chips eventually expired. Since there were more cheetos, I’ve gotten less of the other chips.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Allan Lamar Armstrong
Allan Lamar Armstrong
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Birmingham, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Of course, you can sue. You can sue almost anyone for anything in this country. You need to weight whether that's a wipse decision. The filing fee for a jury trial is around $550. What are your damages? At most, a few dollars? It doesn't seem like it's worth your time and effort. No attorney would pursue the case. I suspect a complaint to the manufacturer would get you more in coupons.

2 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.