Oxnard, CA asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for California

Q: I am looking for a pro bono attorney to help me out with my case

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you are looking for a pro bono attorney to help you with your case, there are various resources and organizations that may be able to assist you.

One potential resource is your local legal aid organization, which provides free or low-cost legal services to individuals who meet certain income or eligibility criteria. You can search for legal aid organizations in your area through the Legal Services Corporation website or by contacting your state or local bar association.

Additionally, there may be other organizations or nonprofits that provide free legal services or assistance with specific types of cases, such as immigration, domestic violence, or disability rights.

It is important to note that pro bono services are often in high demand, and there may be limited availability of attorneys or organizations able to take on new cases. You may want to prepare a clear and concise summary of your case and legal issues, as well as any relevant documentation or evidence, to provide to potential pro bono attorneys or organizations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.