Lakeland, FL asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Libel & Slander for Florida

Q: when a parent has been served with a summons along with the paperwork mentioned below what paperwork would the other....

parent have to turn in in order to start the process in getting the minor child back? Paperwork included in the summons was a verified petition for sole custody of minor child and modification of child support, notice of related cases, notice of social security number, UCCJEA and notice of confidential information within the court filling. the last court date that we had the judge told me that i needed to show proof of permenate housing and i have housing now so i just need to know what paperwork i need and any advice on how to go against the other party and his lawyer when i cant even get a financial aid lawyer any answers are appreciated thank you

1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You need to read the verified petition for sole custody of minor child and modification of child support and answer each numbered paragraph ADMIT or DENY. After you do that then a hearing can be scheduled on the merits. At the hearing you can present your evidence through testimony and exhibits. Speak with a local family lawyer for more specific advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.