Newark, NJ asked in Land Use & Zoning, Real Estate Law and Tax Law for Puerto Rico

Q: What Office can verify the assigned numbers that corresponds with each part of the property and was it segregated, OPGE

the property in question should have been segregated according to our ‘records’ back when they were originally filed by my father. There appears to be a sequence of numbers that corresponds with each one of the assigned land parcels. Could the OPGe assist with clarifying if the land was segregated or if it was ‘lotified’ and what is role or function they have in the process. The property all appears under the one same ‘catastrophe’ making it difficult to find any information on the website of the CRIM. On their website it only shows a portion of the property as being separated, making it also difficult to pay any taxes due , where can we verify wether it was segregated or just sectioned off.. We would like to clarify where each lot / parcel of land begins and ends..

1 Lawyer Answer
Rafael  Pagan-Colon
Rafael Pagan-Colon
  • Real Estate Law Lawyer
  • San Juan, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: You'll have a better chance to get the information from the Property Registry. When lad plots are segregated from a main lot, the Registrar annotates each of the new property ("fincas") numbers for each of the newly segregated land plots on the margin of the main lot. Also identified would be the segregation deed, the date, and notary before which the segregation took place. The annotation may have the OGPe (or ARPE) resolution; but this can be obtained from the segregation deed, which you can procure from the notary directly or through the Office of Notary Inspections. Furthermore, it's common that the cadaster number remains the original main lot, if none of the new owners go before CRIM to request an independent cadaster number.

2 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.