Bernville, PA asked in Estate Planning, Foreclosure, Real Estate Law and Probate for Pennsylvania

Q: Where can I obtain a petition document for partition action in court of chancery in Sussex county delaware.A

My mom died intestate with a mortgaged home the lender sold portfolio of mortgages and in paperwork it showed owners death certificate but didn't show any documents of the 3 heirs so now the new mortgage co. Is trustee and said they need our birth cert. And signed quit claim deeds from the 3 adult children in order to legally give any info on mortgage and for the 3 heirs to become successor of interest. One of the 3 sibling heirs died July 2022 is his wife entitled to his share and if so does she have documents to file to gain his interest with the court or beings he legally lived in the home with parents for 14 ye

Also there is over $100,000 in equity and one heir wants to foreclose snlaying she wants nothing from her parents and the other 2 heirs want to sell to gain any equity they can for there familys. The heir who wants forclosure has told sibling if they want the house to take out a home loan at today's value of home knowing thats not an option as he is not financially stable

1 Lawyer Answer
David Kennedy Bifulco
David Kennedy Bifulco pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Bethlehem, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You should immediately seek counsel from a Trust and Estate attorney who is familiar with foreclosure actions. You should contact the heirs and open an Estate with the Sussex County Register of Wills or in the County of her residence when she passed away and have the heirs appoint an Adminstrator of your Mother's Estate. That should be one of the heirs that everyone can agree on and that is capable of handling the process. I am sorry for your loss.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.