Waterbury, CT asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut

Q: My boyfriend has been arrested for first degree robbery on feb 16 and hasn’t yet been arraigned in this matter.is there

Detective said his walk was similar to the person in the video who was completely covered. A detective who new him 10 yes ago said he recognized him by his walk is this legal and can it hold up in court

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lindy R. Urso
Lindy R. Urso
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Stamford, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: If the only evidence against your boyfriend is an identification of your boyfriend's "walk," then I don't see the case holding up in court. If he was arrested with a warrant, however, then a judge has already made a finding that there is probable cause to charge him; and there is likely more evidence about which you may not be aware. In that case, he would probably have to push the case to trial in order to be vindicated. If he was arrested without a warrant, then his lawyer could file a Motion to Dismiss, which could potentially get the case thrown out significantly prior to trial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.