Dallas, TX asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and White Collar Crime for Oklahoma

Q: They're talking about re-arresting me when the lab results come back on the same charges I already bonded out on, legal?

I was pulled over and charged with possession. I had a tiny bag of meth and a "mixed" bag of coke and meth, at least that's what i was told it was. I was never 100% sure what it was mixed with and still don't, but If it's fentinol it'll be a little over 1 gram. I was under the impression it was a mix bag as I earlier mentioned, but I'm worried it could have fentinol in it as I have used the drug in the past, just not often enough to know the difference. I had an arraignment date which I went to, that they postponed for 2 days cuz they didn't have my case n the system yet, well I went today and they denied it cuz they didn't have the lab results back yet. They told me they could re arrest me depending on what the results came back as or they could drop it all together if the results come back with nothing. We'll it's not gonna come back as nothing obviously, so I'm worried I could end up n prison over this. It's my 1st possession charge and I'm scared. Pls help me figure out what to do!

1 Lawyer Answer
David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Each county handles these matters a little differently, but the best thing you can do is monitor OSCN/ODCR to see if a case ends up being filed and stay in touch with your bondsman. If charges do get filed, your bondsman can likely repost the bond and set you up with a new arraignment date (and avoid the warrant going active).

Additionally, I strongly discourage you from posting online or talking to anyone about what occurred or what was seized from you, except your attorney. If you do not have an attorney yet and are wanting to wait to see if you are charged, then don't talk to anyone about the facts alleged against you by the State or police.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.