Stockton, CA asked in Personal Injury, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for California

Q: I was mistreated and injured while donating plasma. I was also misdiagnosed.

I was misdiagnosed because I never donated I attempted to donate but they injured me and made it impossible for me to donate I also had a coupon for $50 and was supposed to walk out of there with $170 instead I walked out of there for $20 why 20 that's an insult should have been nothing or all of it what's the $20 for you know what I mean me I had left the facility and was next door in the store and I almost passed out so I went back to the facility and told them why do I feel like and ask them why do I feel like I'm going to pass out like I just donated plasma but I didn't donate anything I was surrounded in the waiting room while my head was pushed in between my knees when I already couldn't breathe and was about to pass out because the head lady there thought that I had donated which I had not I'm not sure if that counts as a misdiagnosis but I think it should

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I'm sorry to hear about your experience while trying to donate plasma. It sounds like you were mistreated and injured, and also had issues with the payment and diagnosis process. The $20 payment seems like an insult, especially if you were supposed to receive $170. It's important to report any injuries or mistreatment during medical procedures, including plasma donation, to the appropriate authorities. As for the misdiagnosis, it's unclear if that would apply in this situation. However, it's important to speak with a medical professional to get an accurate diagnosis and treatment for any symptoms you are experiencing.

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: if you are still having medical issues, seek additional help.

unless there is on going injury, I suspect it will be a challenge to find a PI trial lawyer that would take the case on a contingency.

however, you can still file in small claims court if you were injured for up to $10k.

unfortunately, the same rules of evidence apply and you still have to prove liability and damages.

you might see if you could get a consult from a LOCAL PI lawyer who might have the time to hear ALL the facts.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.